Branding Subscription Terms of Service
This Branding Subscription Terms of Service ("Agreement") is entered into by and between the Two Factor Authentication Service Inc. entity set forth below ("2FAS" or “we”) and the entity or person placing an order for or accessing any Services ("Customer" or "you"). You and 2FAS are also sometimes referred to in this Agreement individually as a “Party” and collectively as the “Parties”. If you are accessing or using the Services on behalf of your company, you represent that you are authorized to accept this Agreement on behalf of your company, and all references to "you" or "Customer" reference your company.
“2FAS app” means our mobile application, which allows its users to generate TOTP tokens for any website or other application that supports TOTP and HOTP two-factor authentication tokens.
The "Effective Date" of this Agreement is the date on which 2FAS confirms and accepts via e-mail all files and information delivered by the Customer.
“Icon” means a PNG file of minimum dimensions 120px width and 120px height (100% coverage), representing the Customer’s brand (symbol or logo).
"Issuer," means a variable named "issuer", embedded in the QR code generated by the Customer's system for each user to secure it by the 2FA mechanism. Usually, the issuer is the name of the customer service.
“Brand Name” means the name under which the 2FAS application user will see the Customer’s icon.
"Tags" means words that allow you to search for customer service. It can be, for example, a short name or an acronym.
“Service” means adding to the 2FAS app a Customer Icon. The Icon will be available to 2FAS app users to assign to any two-factor authentication token added to the 2FAS app.
This Agreement allows the Customer to purchase a subscription to the Service from 2FAS for the price specified at https://2fas.com/your-branding and sets out the basic terms and conditions under which Service will be provided.
- The Customer declares that he has the full legal rights to use the Icon and Brand Name.
- The Customer is required to provide 2FAS with icons for the light and dark theme (it can be one file for both) and the necessary information, including Issuer, Brand Name and Tags.
- 2FAS reserves the right to refuse to provide the service without giving a reason (in such case, the Customer does not pay and the icon is not uploaded to the 2FAS application), in particular when the uploaded graphic file violates good manners and culture or the interests of third parties.
- The Customer may cancel the subscription to the Service by submitting an appropriate notification via e-mail to the following address: [email protected].
- After cancelling the subscription, in certain circumstances, the Customer's Icon may not be removed from the 2FAS application. If the Client does not consent to the presence of his Icon in the 2FAS application, he is obliged to inform 2FAS about it.
- If 2FAS is unable to withdraw funds from the Customer's credit card, the subscription is cancelled, and the Customer's Icon is removed from the 2FAS application.
- If during the subscription period the Customer's logo/branding is changed and the Customer does not send an updated Icon, 2FAS has the right to use the existing Icon until the Client delivers the new one.
- Both parties have the right to terminate the Agreement without giving any reason at any time during its term.
- At the Customer's request, by e-mail to [email protected], 2FAS may provide invoices for the subscription.
- Effective Date is the same as the day the subscription launches (start of charging for the subscription).
- 2FAS will make every effort to ensure that the Icon appears in the 2FAS application for up to two weeks from the Effective Date. After that, if the Icon is not added, the Customer has the right to a refund of the amount charged for a given month.
- The Customer allows using the Icon in the 2FAS application only for the purposes specified in this Agreement.
- 2FAS does not guarantee, nor is it responsible for, whether the user of the 2FAS application will assign the Icon to the 2-factor authentication code associated with the Customer's service.